Primarily designed to become Athens’ first indoor commercial centre nowadays the gallery hosts nearly 3,000 paintings from leading 19th and 20th century Greek artists. The recently renovated neoclassical building has a long history of identities. It was abandoned until 1854 and later housed a silk processing plant, a shopping and residential complex, and the headquarters of the Hellenic Police. Of special interest are the drawings of German architect Ernst Ziller; the so-called father of neoclassical design in modern Greece.
Tue 10:00 21:00/ Wed-Sat 10:00-19:00/ Sun 10:00-17:00/Closed Mon
Free admissionSneakers Store | Nike News